Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Laptop Down

Two days ago, my laptop screen went blank. Panic I was. Prayed, tried to turn on the computer to see if I had the chance to back up my files. The screen welcomed me as though nothing was wrong. I had more sense to continue what I had to do and quickly backed up my files. Two hours passed while the files transferred to the external hard disk. Believe it or not. The screen went blank again immediate after the files were transferred. I was sure that the back up was successful because the hard disk showed a stable green light. Thank God!

I called Dell first thing next morning. You really have to give it to these people. They called back the same day to confirm that there will be a technician coming over the following day. He came today afternoon. I expected him to bring the laptop back for a couple of days and send it back. But no, he repaired it on the spot. Now, while testing if the system has any problems, I'm writing this article. Kudos Dell!!!

I realized how important the computer means to me. All my work, personal files, etc, etc, etc is dependent on this little black thing. We have entered the digital era. If I am so dependent on technology now, how hard it would be to resist the 666 mark of the beast at the end times, which many believes it to be the chip or some high tech stuff. I am scared. Now, I start to be alert. Funny how the Bible tells us over and over again about being cautious and alert and yet we just don't get it.

No comments: