Monday, August 2, 2010

College Camp 2010

We have just finished the camp, which was on yesterday. I thought I would be exhausted with 15 hours of sleep over the past 3 nights. But no, I felt good today. Even managed to go for a concert and a night class today.

Looking back, college camp 2009 is where I fell; College camp 2010 is where I proved myself that I shall not be easily defeated. And I proved myself on that. I realized that when one wants to really do something, it's really no big deal no matter how big the challenge is. I came in this year with mixed feelings. Looking at this year's game plan, I thought to myself if I really did badly last year. The answer is no. Because most of the important games stayed intact. Did I not fight to be heard? The answer is yes, I did not fight to be heard. That's the lesson I learned from last year. It was not about commitment or whatsoever. It was about communication.

Ironically, that was the lesson that I taught to the students this year: fight to be heard! Haha, such irony!

I really enjoyed the time spent with the students this year. I'm really looking forward to meeting them again in GPS. They are such a joy to watch. The willingness to learn and the eagerness to mature is a lot to look forward to. There are some that I would personally hire if I had the chance. Unfortunately, there were a couple that were really disappointing. Those I hope would take something back with them. At least learn that not participating is also a choice. A choice to give up, a choice to continue to be at the current state, a choice not to let anyone in their lives and a choice to rot.

I'm glad that I had the courage to go in this year with full commitment, withholding nothing back from last year's fall. I feel good. Now it's time to make a decision on the business set up. I was brought back from Singapore for a purpose. It's time to make a full commitment to that purpose. I pray that I would have the courage and perseverance to push it through to the end. May God give me the help that I so need.

No comments: