Friday, November 28, 2008

The Art of Give & Take

In economics, we have the art of supply & demand; In life, we have the art of give & take.

Human relationship is an art. One needs wisdom, patience, understanding and acceptance, topped up with some disappointments to master the art. Often, when disappointments are pushed to the edge, it evolves into anger, rage, and possibly hate. I am a human after all. I can't keep givng and not expect some back in return. I have my own needs and cannot be caring for other people's needs and not get cared for. After all, we all need to be loved, don't we?

You quarelled with your mum and you needed someone to comfort you. I told you to come over despite my scheduled work at home. You wanted to shop a bit and I waited for you despite being anxious that I may not finish the work and even more worried that I may not have time for you after that. You were so tired that you fell asleep but I knew that you needed to talk. So I stopped my work, thinking I could finish my report while on the bus to work. We chatted till past midnight and I tried my best not to fall asleep despite being shattered by a full day of work. I needed to take public transport to finish the report but you wanted me to take the car to drop you off at a nearby place. I gave you all I had, but it wasn't enough for you. I needed to finish my work as it was important for me but you didn't care. I sacrificed my sleep, work but got you angry instead.

Sometimes I wonder is it me that you love or is it my love for you that you love? Isn't it in a relationship, there's give and take?

Do you love me?

No comments: