Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Definition of Space

I think I have written an article on "Giving Space" a while ago. I can still remember I wrote that out of frustration.

As I walk my everyday, and as I meet more and more people, and get into deeper friendship with many of them, the meaning and understanding of "space" becomes more and more significant. I had a talk with Aunty Nan this morning on the way to work about this topic. I had to sit down and revise my understanding towards the meaning of "space" in a relationship. That's why I'm using this blog to re-organize my thoughts as I write:

What's the meaning of "giving space"?
My own definition of giving space is to let a person do as he feels comfortable, in his own way, at his own time, with him being left alone to do as he pleases without the slightest burden to care or bother about anything else. The time is left to enjoy entirely to that person.

Why does everyone need "space" and why it is important?
Every once in a while, in our busy busy schedules and stuff, we need some time off to quieten down, to rest, to reflect and to do some soul searching. I need these to feel alive and get a general direction of where I have gone to and where I should be heading. That's one. There's another reason to why we should all learn to give space to one another and that's called "respect". You respect other people's space (privacy) and the way they want their space (privacy). This is very important of you are living with your family or your spouse. It saves you a lot of trouble on this issue. Like it or not, we all like to be in control. We want things our own way. But living together needs a lot of understanding and giving way to one another.

So, learn to give space.

No comments: