Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Macau Express Jusco Tebrau City Review

Macau Express is a restaurant selling portugese chicken and egg tarts. Here, I am to share with you my experience in this restaurant over the weekend.

As most good restaurants were fully packed even at 2.30pm, I chose Macau Express because it had the shortest queue and me and Pris were hungry. We ordered half a chicken, "Macau style" spaghetti and egg tarts. When they plated the over-cooked charred-chicken, my girlfriend commented that it's was charred, meaning, "Could we change for another one?" To our amazement, the girl behind the counter answered, "There are even more charred ones." What kind of service is that!? The aunty behind overhead our conversation and immediately changed it for us. We brought the chicken and sat seated ourselves, waiting for them to prepare the spaghetti.

As we were just too hungry, we started eating. The chicken, gravy, and everything else was cold. We were hungry, and we ate. After finishing the chicken... and the drinks, we were wondering if they forgot to serve us the spaghetti. So we asked one of passing waiters. None of them stopped to answer my queries! So I went up to the counter to check, and the same girl at the counter actually walked away without answering my question! Luckily, there was a very young waiter who went in to check and told me to wait for another 2 minutes. Even that wasn't worth the wait. It tasted horrible. I am not picky for food. But if I am paying RM30 for a meal, I think that I expected something better. Again I have to emphasize: I am not picky for food. That was one of the days I ate to fill my stomach.

To sum it all up, it's was a terrible experience. We had planned to go for a movie after the meal but ended up going straight home. It spoiled all our mood, and it cost more than RM30. Never again will I step in this restaurant: poor service, long wait, over-priced, horrible food, all in all horifying.

No comments: