Monday, April 5, 2010

28 Years Old

There's a Chinese saying that men matures at the age of 30, stop getting confused at 40, understand the meaning of life and direction at 50... I'm 28, nearing 30 this year, so I'll won't go on farther.

I do not yet know about the 40 and 50 part, but I do agree about the maturing at 30. At this stage of life, I have loved, hated; enjoyed life, and despised it altogether; I have had enough successes and failures to know that it really doesn't matter in the long run whether I succeed or fail; what matters is how I deal with the outcome and continue to work hard in life.

At this stage, I can proudly say that I am having the time of my life. I understand better who I am and who I want to be; I understand what I want and the path to getting it will not be an easy one; I understand that I live for a purpose and acknowledge that I do not fully comprehend it; I understand that lasting success is build upon big characters and not clever methods; I understand more about "being" and emphasize less on "doing"; I learn to manage my time to spend it on the important things that truly matters; I learned that to take more, I must first give more; I learned that in order to be loved, I must first love, unconditionally.

At 28, I've seen just enough to know that I do not know enough. Looking back at myself, being arrogant and self-centered, I'm glad that I have lived a good life and happy that the future looks somewhat... GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gong xi Gong xi