Monday, January 28, 2008

I Made My Dear Cry

Yesterday, while we were having a meeting on the Church activities, we encountered some problems. Two partnering groups had different views on the Child Care Service on Valentine's Day. We had to come up with a solution fast as time was running short.

As our team leader Steven wasn't there, I decided to take the lead. Our priority was to identify if the change can be done in such short notice. I had to gather our team members' views and decide on that. I was kind of swayed to the idea of doing it as Pris was on that side. I wanted to do it for her. And when I want to accomplish something, I am very focused. As I was getting in action plans, Pris kept giving in ideas, which I really didn't need. I needed action plans. I cut her off a few times. We didn't have time to discuss other issues, we needed to know how can it be done.

After the meeting, I was actually quite happy that we got things rolling, until disaster happened. I never expected Pris to cry... I was dumb folded. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what happened. Pris said that I never cut people off like how I did on her. She felt that I stomped her so low and she was very hurt. I never meant to hurt her. All I wanted was to make the Child Care Service a success, which was in the first place what I thought she wanted.

I guess both of us are so different in personalities. I am such a task-person, and she a people-person. We had a good talk that night. Thank God that she's willing to communicate, that's the best thing about her: no matter how angry, she's always willing to talk it out. We sorted things out, saw the differences we have. Relationship is not easy to handle. It takes a lot of understanding and forgiveness. I'm happy that Pris and me are willing to put in effort for this.

I love you.

No comments: