Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Words

Words can be powerfully inspiring or awfully damaging.

The words Paul used to describe "love" brings the use of words to new heights. He wrote,"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." How wonderfully beautiful and true it is.

Words can also sting like a bee, pierces right through the heart where is hurts the most. The more unintentional, the more painful the jab. I am surprised on how much effort some people make to come up with a highly intelligent mock. And this is contagious, it spreads. I noticed that when one starts to become critical of a subject, the second will follow, and the third. I'm even more surprised that at most times, I'm inclined to join in. Some times I give in and spit out some nasty words. And to be honest, it feels good. I mean it actually feels good to come up with an intelligent mock, how's that? Pro 15:23 What joy it is to find just the right word for the right occasion! I just became a heresy...

Boy, I'm a sinner. God forgive me.

No comments: